Tuesday 9 October 2012

KitchenAid

Yikes! It has really been too long - again.

My and Josh's schedules have been completely opposite for about a month. You would think that I would have been able to find some time to post items but nope...it didn't seem to work that way. But here I am with a ton to post! I have been cooking and baking like crazy. A post a day for the next while is my plan.

Before I go back into the past with foods that I have been making over the last month I have to comment on a current event. I FINALLY!! cracked and bought a KitchenAid mixer. Way too expensive but very much worth it and I found it for a great price - I've been monitoring the flyers like crazy.


Besides Czar (our dog baby), this is my new baby. I love it so much. It sure beats a hand-held mixer - although I do see the advantages of just the hand-held.

I really wanted the Pistachio coloured mixer but I found out that it takes 4-6 weeks to get many of the coloured ones in.... there was no way I was waiting any longer so I went with the white which looks great in our kitchen - crisp and clean.

The Pistachio would have been cool though because it has a 50s feel and our place is a strange mix of super modern and touches of old fashion pieces. We put some cool art work up on our walls that incorporated Josh's old comics from when he was a kid that aren't 50s but have the same flavour. I'll take some pictures and post it up sometime this week - I'm surprised that I like them as much as I do. It was a good idea (way to go Josh!! Whoowhoo!).

Anyways - this is my mixer:


 What to make next....hmmm.




3 comments:

  1. Very Fancy! Should make your baking easier. Love the white!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does that mean? "This comment has been removed by a blog administrator?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsea wrote something inappropriate... jk. She posted the same comment twice so I just deleted one.

    ReplyDelete