Thursday 2 August 2012

Cupcake Samples

This is completely OVERDUE!! Sorry everyone! Over the last month Josh and I both started new jobs so we have been completely occupied with that and getting use to our new positions and commute and lack of time together (i.e no overlapping days off) BUT we both have settled in nicely and it's time to get back on track with everything else.

This includes making a cake for a girls engagement party coming up in a couple of days. She saw my blog and lives locally so she asked if I could put together a cake for her. I brought her some sample cupcakes and these are them:

Both types are chocolate cake. The pink are iced with an almond flavoured buttercream. And the cream are iced with cream cheese buttercream.






There are obviously many more cupcakes than the four packaged for her so we were forced to eat cupcakes for a couple of days. Josh doesn't like cream cheese icing (crazy guy!) so I had to eat of all of those ones....too bad for me. 


The pink icing was interesting to experiment with because I wanted the furthest from baby pink. The trick seemed to be adding a tiny little bit of black or brown colouring (honestly, a tiny tiny bit). When I do the cake I will add a touch more just so the pink is a real antiquey dusty rose colour. 

I'm looking forward to it. I hope the weather isn't too warm so the icing can withstand the heat. 

On a side note: I have been baking and cooking a ton, I just haven't had the time to post any of them - hopefully that means I will be able to pump them out when I have a bit of time and post a bit more consistently.

Be back soon! (HOPEFULLY!!!!).


2 comments:

  1. Mmm those look too pretty to eat! The icing looks very creamy.
    I like the blue cupcake papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty!! You should have your own bakery!!

    ReplyDelete