Wednesday 9 May 2012

Cheese Cake!

This is the best cheese cake recipe ever. It is simple. It is easy. And it is deliciously good.

Very minimal ingredients here: Graham cracker bottom, cream cheese, whipped cream, a bit of sugar and a can of condensed milk. Easy breezy!


AMOUNTS: (To make 6 individual sized cheese cakes)

1 9 inch graham cracker crust (I bought one prepared, you could make it from scratch if you wanted)
1 package of cream cheese
1 cup whipped cream (in liquid form)
2 tbsp of sugar (to your taste - use more or less if you want)
1 can sweetened condensed milk

STEP 1:

Using the condensed milk, make caramel topping - see Caramel Recipe in the Baking section.
(Boil condensed milk for 4 hours)


STEP 2:

Blend cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.

STEP 3:

Whip whipped cream until it forms stiff peaks.

STEP 4:

Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.

STEP 5:

Layer the graham cracker, filling mixture and caramel.




STEP 6:

Refridgerate for an hour or so to allow the ingredients to settle and form.


STEP 7:

Make sure you having someone helping you eat them!
As I mentioned before, Josh and I have been together for 4 years but only recently have our parents met. I served this for the occasion and I think everyone enjoyed it, especially in the cute mason jars.





5 comments:

  1. Those cheese cakes look so tasty! So easy to make caramel. Ill have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it goes when you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I did it! Made your cheesecake today and we loved it. Found out that it wasn't a good idea to make the caramel on an already hot day, but it sure tasted good. Your caramel looks like it poured nice and smoothly. I had to drop mine by spoonfuls and it didn't spread nicely as yours :( Thanks for showing us how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you tried it! I'm scared/curious to know why the caramel didn't turn out to be a good idea on the hot day? I hope that the can didn't explode for you! Yikes.

    When I made it, it was still quite thick but once I put a couple of spoonfuls in each jar, I shook it a bit and it settled.

    Mmmm just looking at this post makes me want to make them again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just because the house was already hot, then having the pot boiling for 3-4 hours with all the steam made the place VERY hot! The caramel was so yummy. I can see why you and Chels would be tempted to eat it right out of the can.

    ReplyDelete