Thursday 17 May 2012

Mini: Lemon Meringue Pie

Josh and I missed Mother's Day this Sunday and we weren't able to go see
his mom, even though they live fairly close.

To make it up to her we went for a visit yesterday and brought a little treat,
one of her favourites: Lemon Meringue Pie.


They are really easy to do. The hardest part is the crust but you could make it
even easier on yourself and buy store bought crust if you wanted to.

Making mini ones was super cute. They are bigger than a tart and much much
smaller than a 9 inch pie but they are still quite big - two servings I would say.


I left two pies out for Josh and I and packaged the other two for Josh's
mom and away we went for a lovely visit.


***On a side note though: I found the crust had a slight bitter taste to it and I'm not too sure why. It could have been the brand of shortening. I used Crisco but in the past I've used Tenderflake. I don't remember it having the aftertaste that it did in previous times. Any other ideas?





1 comment:

  1. Looks tasty! Love the packaging. You should open your own bakery!

    ReplyDelete