Thursday 3 May 2012

Bounty Bars?

These are pretty close to a Bounty Bar if you ask me. Josh loves chocolate and coconut....so what better excuse to experiment with those two ingredients! I'm not usually a huge fan of coconut but I'm pretty sure I ate more of these than he did.



Ingredients: Makes a dozen.

8 oz of baking chocolate - I used Bakers semi-sweet
2 cups of sweetened coconut
2 tbsp of coconut milk
1 tsp of coconut extract

Step by Step Directions:
STEP 1:
In a double broiler, melt chocolate.


STEP 2:
Spread 2/3 of the chocolate along the bottom and spread up the sides of the liner.

STEP 3:
Refrigerate until the chocolate has hardened.


STEP 4:
Mix coconut shreds, extract and milk.

STEP 5:
Mold coconut mixture on top of the hardened chocolate - leaving a slight border around the edges.
(left molded in; right to be molded in)


STEP 6:
Spread the rest of the chocolate on top of coconut mixture making sure that it falls down the sides
to connect with the bottom chocolate to create a seal.


STEP 7:
Place back in fridge to harden.

STEP 8:
EAT!!!


After making these little cups I realized that there are endless possible variations - mint and peanut butter are next on my list.







No comments:

Post a Comment