Monday 30 April 2012

Chicken Lasagne Rolls - YUM!

So I'm not the best at following recipes and I always add a little bit of this and a little bit of that, so the ingredients and amounts aren't going to be exact. Unless it is for cake batter or something of the sort I would highly suggest cooking this way as well - it makes it your own.



INGREDIENTS to make 6 rolls:
6 lasagne noodles
1-2 chicken breast - depending on how meaty you want it
1 large can of diced tomatoes (and liquid)
1/2 can tomato paste
1/2 of a large onion - diced
1 large pepper - I used yellow for the sweetness - you could use any
1 tsb or so oregano
1 tsp or so basil
1 tsp or so thyme
1 tsp or so pepper
1 cup of grated mozzerala cheese
 handful of cut parsley

When I cook it really depends on what I have in store. Make subsitutions, change the amounts - really anything goes.

STEP 1
Boiling water. Once boiled, add noodles - cook until tender. 
If you want them out of the water sooner than they are done for some reason, that is fine because they will continue to cook in the oven. Oh! Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
  


STEP 2:
Grill chicken breast - I just do it on a little George Foreman grill, but you could even cook it in the oven - it doesn't have to be grilled, it just adds a bit more flavour.


STEP 3:
Let chicken cool for 5 minutes so the juice reabsorbs. Then shred apart. I like to use two forks.



STEP 4: Picture missing - forgot to take one I guess!
Make the sauce.
Bring to a boil the diced tomatoes and liquid, tomato paste, onion, pepper, and herbs (only use half of the parlsey, use the rest for garnish). Once boiled, dropped down to a simmer and allow the sauce to thicken.

STEP 5:
Assemble.
Lay out each noodle. Add a few pieces of cheese to help everything stick together. 
Add a layer of sauce, then several pieces of chicken and some more cheese.


STEP 6:
Roll each one up. You'll be so proud of yourself. I know I was!
 Missing a picture again - but you get the idea I'm sure.

STEP 7:
Place in oven safe dish and add a dollip more of sauce to the top of each roll. Add the remaining
cheese - can't ever be too generous - pile it on!


STEP 8:
Place in oven for 20-30 minutes at 375 F. Just monitor it, you really just want it to set and have the cheese crisp up a bit.


STEP 9:
Garnish and plate it up for your man! (or whom ever!)


Enjoy!! Let me know how yours turns out!



No comments:

Post a Comment